Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2 Weeks of Fun






My parents came out for my cousin's wedding and I decided that I needed some time with the Taylors so I hopped in the car with them on their way home. It took 12 hours to get to Preston Idaho and I must say, Marston did very well. We watched about 10 hours of Baby Einstein but all in all he did great. We spent the first couple of days at the ranch in Preston, playing with the dogs, the cat, watching the chickens, getting chased by the rooster, and petting the horses. It was a grand time and Marston loved all the animals. That weekend we went to SLC to see my brother Adam's band play. It was pretty cool. He played in a very small venue in SLC. It is probably the best band he's been in-and he's been in lots. I think they are going to have success with this one. After the concert, we went to Cedar Hills to visit my brother and his family. They have 4 children who are just wonderful little creatures. The youngest is only a month older than Marston. I think Marston loved watching all the kids play and having someone his own size. While we were there he got really good at crawling. It's amazing how fast they learn. We went back up to Preston for general conference weekend. After a couple of more days hanging out with my parents Marston and I went up to Rexburg to visit my sister Beth. We moved from there only a year and a half ago but that place has sure changed. I really miss it but I think it will always be romanticized in my mind because I met Daniel there and we started our lives there together. Anyhow, I got to visit with some of my old roommates, meet Bethy's roomies and even her new man. From there we meet up with my parents, Zack and Bianca, Beth and Lance and Jenn and Isaac. We all drove up to Washington for my cousin Kylie's wedding. We left at about 9pm and drove to Spokane to stay at my grandma's house for the night. Marston again did really well. He slept the whole way. We got to my grandma's house at about 4am and we were all really tired. I love Spokane. Especially where my grandma lives. It is so beautiful. It's green and there are huge trees everywhere. I love to go there. We only spent a couple of hours there and before I knew it we were back on the road to Seattle. It only took about 4 hours to get there but once there I was relieved to know that that was our finial destination. My brother Nathan works for Microsoft so we went straight to the Microsoft store. My brothers and dad picked up software at a fraction of the price and we headed out. We got to stay at a cool hotel in downtown Seattle. It was right on the water. The next day we went to Kylie's wedding at the Seattle Temple. It was beautiful! She looked really happy. Reception was one of the best I've been to. Simple, beautiful and fun. The next day, Marston and I flew home. It was a great trip. I could have spent a couple more weeks like that if my husband was with me. It was a long time for us to be apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment