Sunday, November 13, 2011

Santa Barbara Half Marathon

I finish my 4th half marathon in 2 years. I am a little disappointed in my performance but I must say I have been sick for over a week. I had bad chest congestion that made it difficult to breath. But I did it and feel good about having another race under my belt. Santa Barbara is gorgeous! The course was beautiful. Through nice neighborhoods, paths through parks and the last 3 miles were a decent down to the beach. It had rained the night before so the air was crisp and clean and it smelled of eucalyptus and salt ocean air. That part was wonderful. My goal was to make it in under 2 hours and  I kept that pace (about a 9 minute mile) for the first half but then it hit me and I had to walk some of it. My time went in the toilet at that point. I finished at 2 hours and 14 minutes. My worst official time yet. Oh well.

I got to leave the kids and husband at home and enjoy some girl time with my sister in law, Brooke. It was great to have some time to build our friendship without distractions from the little ones. I was so happy to have her support at the finish line!  I really enjoyed the trip.

The finish line. Thanks, Brooke for standing there for so long!

Right after my race. Smiling because I'm sitting.

This was across the street from the finish line.

My 5th race metal.

This was the view coming into the finish. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment