Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

I absolutely love breakfast. I am always on the hunt for new recipes to try for breakfast-I get bored pretty fast of the same old same old everyday breakfasts. I found this recipe on my kitchen cafe's blog and I knew I had to try it. It is a spin on regular old oatmeal. Or better yet it is oatmeal on yummy steroids. It makes a ton so I cut the recipe in half. I have also tried it by cutting the oil in half and adding half applesauce to cut down on the fat and I couldn't tell any difference in the taste. You could probably cut it even more fat by using fat free egg substitute (I rarely have that on hand so I haven't tried it yet). The second time I made it I added about a teaspoon of cinnamon and cut up an apple and it was delicious. You an eat it plain or with milk or put berries on top or do both. It is even good the next day. Give it a try and you'll find that it is a great way to start your day.


Baked Oatmeal


6 cups oatmeal
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with milk....or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment