Friday, July 3, 2009

Lance's Funeral

Heavenly Father loves ALL of us. He has a plan for ALL of us. There have been many questions asked in the past week or so and it all comes back to the simple fact the He loves all of his children and wants us to be happy. Why did Lance have to pass away and leave Beth before they were sealed for eternity, I do not know. But I do know that Heavenly Father loves both Beth and Lance and wants them to be happy.

The morning of the funeral, I woke up to a cool breeze and birds chirping. The sun was shining and it was going to be a beautiful cool Idaho summer day. They held another viewing about an hour before the services were to start. We got there at about 10:30 and there was still a line out the door for people wanting to say their last good byes to Lance. It started a bit late due to the amount of people who came. The funeral was beautiful. Lance was an incredible man. The kind of man to give his candy to his sisters at halloween and get his eagle scoot award at the age of 13. The kind of man that would do anything for his family and for Beth. He was an example to everyone he met. Beth was brave enough to get up (not originally on the program) with his sisters to talk about a few memories they have of him. As soon as she started talking our whole family started crying, even my brothers. It's hard to see our littlest sister hurt and not be able to fix it. But it was so sweet. She spoke about how he had a real hard time keeping secrets and she could get anything out of him. She also talked about how much she loves him and will miss him. The services were very sad but also very inspiring. It makes me want to be a better daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. It makes me want to be more giving, kind and patient. It makes me want to be a better member and missionary. I think Lance has left an impression on all who were there and for that I am grateful.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post; thank you for sharing your tender and real feelings. Lance sounds like a very loving, fun and thoughtful guy; I wish I could've known him. I am glad your family loves one another and is helping to support Beth through this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete